- Adolescents, Cognitive Ability, and Minimax Play
- Sen Geng, Yujia Peng, Jason Shachat, Huizhen Zhong
- Economics Letters 128 (2015) 54–58
- #002265 20160218 () Views:24
- We conduct experiments with adolescent participants on repeated fixed play in three different zero-sum games which have mixed strategy minimax solutions. Further, we collect subject information on cognitive abilities and participation rates in competitive activities. We find the adolescents’ correspondences with and deviations from minimax play largely consistent with previously and widely studied adult populations. Further, we find strategic sophistication in terms of implementation of the mixed minimax strategy as well as earnings are not correlated with cognitive ability or experience in competitive situations.
- JEL-Codes: C72 C93 D03
- Keywords: Minimax Experiment Adolescent Cognitive abilities
Download full text Downloads:5