- Interrelationships Among Korean Outbound Tourism Demand:Granger Causality Analysis
- Joo Hwan Seo, Sung Yong Park, Soyoung Boo
- Tourism Economics
- #002106 20131014 (published) Views:22
- This study investigated Korean outbound tourism demand and its determinants using the Granger causality (GC) analysis. In contrast to previous studies, which dealt only with internal factors, such as exchange rate and income, this study examined the effects of interactions among countries and, therefore, more complete and relevant results were found. Korean outbound tourism to the USA is causally related to Korean outbound tourism to the other six countries in this present study. These results can be applicable for the purpose of tourism marketing and strategies for industries and governments to allocate tourism resources more efficiently.
- JEL-Codes: C32, E62
- Keywords: Korean outbound tourism demand, causality relationship, vector autoregressive model, interrelationship
Download full text Downloads:8