- Determinants of Volatility on International Tourism Demand for South Korea: An Empirical Note
- Sung Yong Park, and Sang Young Jei
- Applied Economics Letters 2008, 1-7, iFirst
- #002105 20131014 (published)
- This article examines volatility and its determinants of international tourism demand for Korea. Based on the exponential generalized autoregressive heteroskedasticity model, some evidences are found such that the leverage effects are presented in the tourism demand, and the determinants of volatility are country specific. The finding illustrates that the specific characteristics of a particular origin country should be taken into account to develop policies or plans for tourism industries.
Download full text